Monday, January 18, 2016

How I was kidnapped, by Olabimtan

http://newtelegraphonline.com/how-i-was-kidnapped-by-olabimtan/

Former speaker of the Ondo State House of Assembly, Hon Victor Olabimtan, has admitted paying ransom before he and the Chairman of the State Muslims’ Welfare Board, Abdulrasheed Ajifowowe, were released by kidnappers. 

Although Olabimtan did not disclose the amount paid to kidnappers, family sources said N3 million was paid before he was released.
The governorship aspirant on the platform All Progressives Congress (APC), who arrived Akure on Saturday night to the waiting arms of his wife,Rachael, and hordes of supporters, said he drank only a bottle of Coke in his four days with the kidnappers.
He said: “It was exactly 6:35, we got to a spot and I was hearing gunshots and I asked my driver, what was happening. When I saw those who were shooting, they were in camouflage uniform of the Army and the police. I thought it was the police and the Army that were exchanging gun fire.

No comments: