Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I’ll quit robbery if Ambode gives me loan-Robbery suspect

A 23-year-old robbery suspect has vowed to leave robbery if only Governor Akinwunmi Ambode would give a loan to start a business.

The suspect, Ayodeji Bakare, confessed to being an ex-convict and member of the Eiye Confraternity.
According to him, his sojourn into robbery started from prison.
His words: “I want the Lagos State Governor to assist me with a loan to start a business. If I have a business, I would stop robbery.”
He continued: “I was initiated into Eiye Confraternity in 2013 by some people I met in prison. It was there they gave me orientation on how to rob. They linked me up with Sefu at Seme. Sefu used to sell arms and ammunitions to me. I got the name of Sefu from prison. He used to sell bullets to me at N30, 000. Sefu used to assist in crossing the arms and ammunitions from Seme to Nigeria.”
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, said that the suspect was arrested on January 23, 2016, at Ebute- Meta area, during a ‘Stop and Search’ by team of policemen.
Owoseni added: “During a search of the suspect, one locally made pistol and six lives cartridges were recovered from him.”
Revealing his modus operandi before his eventual arrest, Bakare said the gang was a three-man-gang of robbers. The gang specialized in using motorbike to rob people in traffic.
He further said: “I started my robbery in 2014 after I came out from Ikoyi Prison in 2013. I was sentenced for stealing a white man’s phone at Ikoyi Club, where I worked. Our mode of operation is to stop people and search their bags in traffic; thereafter, we robbed them of their phones and other valuables.
He said that his role in the gang was to “point gun at our victims, while some of us would hurriedly collect money and phones.”
He confessed to have made about N500, 000, 00 from such operations.

No comments: