Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Girl with ‘poisonous’ teeth, bites man to death

A 20-year-old girl accused of having ‘poisonous’ teeth, has been arrested for biting a man to death at the Ebute-Metta area of Lagos State.

The suspect, Onyinyeche Ogbonna, allegedly bit Engineer Pius Ezema to death. She said she was told by policemen attached to Denton Police Station that she has poisonous teeth.
Ogbonna said: “I want police and government to carry out an autopsy on Pius. They should also carry out a medical examination of my teeth.”
Trouble started on March 12, 2016 after Ogbonna o and Ezema had an altercation, leading to the deceased beating the suspect.
According to Ogbonna, Ezema picked a knife and tried to slit her throat. Fearful that the deceased would kill her, Ogbonna bit his thumb. He died two days later, leading to police arresting her.
She said: “On that fateful day, I started my morning devotion by praising God. My sister was not around. Last year, Pius warned me not to pray close to his window. I told him I was sorry and since then, I started praying inside our apartment. I sang loudly because I was enjoying the morning devotion. Suddenly, Pius barged into my room. He held my clothes and started slapping me. He even locked our door and continued to hit my face. He flogged me all over. I was screaming. I begged him to stop, but he didn’t listen. Our neighbours came to help, but Pius had locked the door. They begged him to open the door, he refused.  When he had beaten me to his satisfaction, he unlocked the door and left.”
Ogbonna explained to neighbours what transpired between her and Ezema. They called Ezema back into the room. They asked him to state his own side of the story.
Ogbonna said: “As I stepped out of the room, he descended on me again. This time, he brought out a knife and held my throat. He wanted to slit my throat. I had to bite him on his thumb so he could release his grip on my neck, it worked. I called my boyfriend to help beg him so he wouldn't beat me again. My boyfriend came and begged him. He told him to warn me not to disturb his peace again. That was how we settled the matter.”
She said that after the beating, she left that day to stay with a friend. She returned on March 14, to hear that Ezema was dead.
Ogbonna said: “I was shocked. They told me Pius didn’t come out of his room the previous day and his brother was worried after he couldn’t reach him through his phone. The brother knocked repeatedly, but there was no response. When the door was finally forced opened, they found him lying faced-up. There was form on his mouth. My neighbours told me that I killed Pius with my bite. I was confused.”
Ogbonna was later arrested and told that her teeth were poisonous and killed Ezema.

No comments: