Friday, March 25, 2016

Pregnant woman burns 13-year-old maid with iron

A pregnant housewife has been arrested for inflicting injury on her 13-year-old with pressing iron at the Oke-Afa area of Isolo, Lagos State.

The woman, Monica Momodu, who has already been arrested by policemen from Aswani Police Station, was said to have burn the Egbado Sarah, a Junior Secondary School (JSS2), student of Maryken Private School Isolo, with hot iron for falling asleep while ironing clothes.
Narrating what transpired between her and Momodu, Sarah said: “On the day of the incident, my madam said I should use hand fan, to fan her. I fanned her for a very long time and became tired. There was no light by then, when power supply was restored, my madam said I should go and iron her children clothes. I was ironing the clothes when I fell asleep. I fell asleep because I was very tired. My madam came and used the pressing iron to burn my hand and leg. I was afraid to tell anyone, but my teacher at school noticed the injury when I went to school. My teacher called police.”
The arrest of Momodu was led by SP. Mr. Akeem Adedeji, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), in charge of Aswani Police Station.
But 39-year-old Momodu denied the allegation. According to her, the pressing iron fell on Sarah when she suddenly jerked awake from sleep while she was ironing.
The DPO declined to comment on the matter, but directed the journalist to speak with the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP.  Dolapo Badmos.
Badmos however confirmed the incident, adding that Momodu would soon be charged to court, to serve as deterrent to others.

No comments: