Thursday, August 28, 2014

Hoodlums injure youth leader after PDP primary

Hoodlums injure youth leader after PDP primary

Suspected party thugs at the weekend attacked and injured youth members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Otu-Jeremi, headquarters of Ughelli South Local Government Area of Delta State.
Speaking with our correspondent on the incident yesterday, the PDP Youth Leader in Ughelli South, Mr Hitler Sadiq, who was also one of the victims, described the attack as shocking and unexpected, alleging that the attack was as a result of the recent PDP primaries held in the state.
He said: “It all started on August 22 when (one honorable) came to my house to warn me, threatening to kill me and my boys.

I underrated the threats, believing that as fellow party member both of us could always resolve any issue bothering him. But to my greatest surprise, on August 23, about 11.00pm, he mobilized boys from Ugborikokoin Uvwie to attack me and other youth members of the party.
“They inflicted several machete cuts on me and one Mr Paradise Akpodowho, leaving us in the pool of blood before we were rushed to LilyClinic, Warri.
The case was reported at the Jeremi Divisional Police Station but up till now no arrest has been made.”
When contacted, the state PolicePublicRelationsOfficer (PPRO), DSP Celestina Kalu, confirmed the incident, disclosing that one ‘Honourable’ was involved in the fracas.

NEW TELEGRAPH

No comments: