Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Three men arrested for stealing boss's gold of N23m and sold for N185,000

The Lagos State Special Anti – Robbery Squad (SARS) has arrested three men who stole their boss's  gold chain valued at N23 million and sold it for a paltry N185,000.

The suspects are Moses Obande, 32,  Ogbulaja Ogaba a.k.a Too much 28 and Izuchukwu Eze Obi  , 36.

 It was gathered that Moses came to Lagos in 2007 with his family and was employed on October 2013 with fake school certificate which he used  to secure security guard job at 44, Unity road, Mobolaji Bank Author way, Lagos, worki with one Chief Mrs. Uduak N Ekong who sell gold jewelry . Apart of his duty was to check in and checkout customers.

Moses said: “We used N2, 000 to buy chemical which we used to melt down iron bar at the gold store.
“I told one of  my friends named Ogaba that I got a security job. I also told him that we sell gold at the store. I  later invited them to hotel to plan  on how the work would be done and I collected N2000 form Eze Obi to buy chemical that we poured on the iron store. We planned to carry out the operation together but I did it alone."

On the January 10, 2014, Moses came back to Lagos and sold the remaining gold N150, 000.
Another suspect, Ogaba  said: "I collected 30 pieces of gold worth N32 million and I sold some at Iju Ishaga garage. I work with a car wash at Iju Ishaga road and got to know Moses when I was looking for job. Moses later told me that he got a job and told me that a lot of gold were there. I tried to discourage him not to involve in stealing .He called me at  midnight and said that I should meet him at Oshodi where he gave me the pieces of gold. I sold the gold N80,000."

No comments: