Monday, April 18, 2016

15-year-old gang-rape victim battles for life

A 15-year-old girl at Nkalaha community in Ishielu Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, Chinaka (surname withheld) is currently battling for survival at the Federal Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, after she was gang raped by three boys.

Chinaka was returning from a wake-keep at night when the boys waylaid her and threatened to kill her with a dagger if she refused to go with them. She said: “I was coming back from a wake-keep when Chukwuma Nnaji, Onwudiwe and Izuchukwu Ede stopped me and brought out a dagger, threatening to kill me if I resist them.
“They later took me to Chukwuma Nnaji’s house and had sex with me in turn. They later pushed me out of the house in pains that night.’’ The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP George Okafor, confirmed the incident. He said the suspects were at large and that efforts were being made to apprehend them. Okafor added that the victim was currently receiving treatment at the hospital.

 http://newtelegraphonline.com/15-year-old-gang-rape-victim-battles-life/

No comments: