Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Police settle Wizkid, Ikeji’s squabble

Music star, Ayo Balogun, otherwise known as Wizkid, yesterday reported at the Lagos State Police Command, following allegation from popular blogger, Linda Ikeji, that he threatened her life. 

Ikeji filed a threat to life compliant against Wizkid after he threatened to send his teenage cousin to beat her.
Ikeji said she resorted to reporting to police, because threat to women shouldn’t be taken lightly. According to the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Ikeji lodged a complaint and police immediately started probing the issue. She added: “The Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, has brokered peace between them.
The command received a petition of threat to life from Ikeji against Ayo Balogun. The police commissioner has stepped into the issue between Wizkid and Ikeji. Alternative dispute resolution was used and the parties left in peace.” Posting her blog on why she reported the musician to police, Ikeji said:
“Wizkid went on my instagram page to call me names and lied that I slept with some director of his, which I said before was one thousand per cent lies! But the insult and lies were not why the police are now involved. You can insult me, insult my family, call me any names you like, even lie that I slept with your forefathers, but don’t threaten me. If you threaten me, I will act! “I read people online saying that I reported to the police because I was scared of Wizkid. No, my darlings, I’m not afraid of Wizkid.
Although I didn’t take his threats lightly; I went to the authorities for two reasons.” You see violence against women and threat of violence against women is not okay. Threatening harm to someone in a public space is a criminal act in every country of the world, including Nigeria.” The social media war between Wizkid and Ikeji snowballed after the blogger published that the music star was facing eviction problems from his supposed Lekki home.
.http://newtelegraphonline.com/police-settle-wizkid-ikejis-squabble/

No comments: