Wednesday, February 1, 2017

I stole 47 brain-boxes of cars six months after prison-Suspect



Mr. Olawasegun Oladimeji may soon be on his way back to prison, six months after leaving it.

Oladimeji, 33, was once arrested and charged to court for stealing, vandalising and selling car parts. He was later sent to prison. Barely six months after leaving prison, has he once again, been arrested for the same offence.
According to him, he had stolen 47 brain-boxes of Toyota cars since November that he left Kirikiri Prison. He confessed that he works for an auto-part dealer, named Dona. The said Dona is an auto-parts dealer at Ladipo International Market.
Oladimeji, a barber, was arrested by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos State Police Command for vandalising Toyota cars in Victoria Island. He was arrested at Lekki last week.
He said he had just finished vandalising a car when RRS operatives arrested him. The operatives recovered several parts of Toyota Corolla cars and mobile phones from him. He confessed to have stolen the items from a company at Lekki, which he broke into, while the guards were sleeping.
He added: “I was released from prison in November, 2016 after I was convicted for three months for removing Toyota parts in a garage at Apapa, on July, 2016. Dona, an auto parts dealer, has my phone number. He used to call and give me the type of vehicle parts that were on high demand in the market. I have been working for him now for eight years. I steal different vehicle parts, particularly, Toyota products. I normally used to remove Toyota Corolla brain boxes, headlight, rear light and buttons. Since I came back from prison in November, 2016, I have stolen brain-boxes of 47 cars. My targets are Toyota products.”
He further recounted that whenever he was going to get the parts, Dona would give him transport fare.
Recalling how he was arrested, he said he noticed that a company in Victoria Island had a lot of Toyota cars. He decided to enter and help himself to some of the parts.

He said: “I had removed all I needed when one of the security guards sighted me and raised the alarm. He and others started chasing me.  Unfortunately for me, RRS officers were patrolling at that precise moment. The RRS men joined in pursuing me. They arrested me.”
He said that usually, once he was successful, he would alert Dona, who would send one of his boys, Chidozie Onyema, 32 or Ananyor Chukwu, 33 to meet and collect the items from him.
Oladimeji recounted: “At times, I take it to them at Boundary in Ajegunle and most times to Toyota Bus Stop, Oshodi. I sell Toyota Corolla brain box for N30, 000, N25, 000 or N20, 000. The least of the parts is N2, 000.”
Chuwku said: “Our boss, Dona, usually gives me N30, 000 to N35, 000, to give Segun and collect the goods with him. He would ask me to wait for him at Toyota Bus Stop. At times, he gives me N1, 000 or N500 after the deal. Occasionally, he tells me nothing ‘dey on top.’ Segun has been supplying stolen spare parts to our boss for up to eight years. We’re just hustlers. Chigozie has another boss, whom he used to supply stolen spare parts to.”

No comments: