Monday, February 13, 2017

Lady drugs lovers in hotels, steals their cars



A 37-year-old lady, Mitchel Harrold aka Aisha Ibrahim, who specialized in luring her lovers to hotels in order to drug and steal their cars has been arrested.

               
Harrold was arrested by operatives of Rapid Response Squad (RRS), Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command, on Tuesday, after she lured a medical doctor, whom she met on a dating site, Badoo, to a hotel, drugged and stole his valuables, including his car. The doctor’s stolen car is a Volkswagen Passat Wagon, 2001 model.

Police trailed Harrold to Agbor, Delta State, before she was arrested. She was arrested along with Adesanya Gbenga, a generator repairer, whom she employed to drive stolen vehicles to Delta State.

Gbenga said: “I was surprised to see her opening the gate of the hotel herself for me to drive out instead of the gateman. That wasn’t the first time I would be assisting her to drive a vehicle out of Lagos to Sapele. It’s about the third time. First, it was a Toyota Camry ‘Big for Nothing.’ I assisted her to move it from Ajah to Sapele, Delta State. The second one was an ‘End of Discussion’ Honda Accord and third one is a Volkswagen Passat, 2001 model. I moved that too all night to Sapele.”
A police source said: “Police traced her through a car dealer in Lagos, whom she engaged to help perfect import papers for the stolen Volkswagen Passat Wagon, 2001 model. The vehicle was recovered in Warri. The suspect had already removed the number plate and put the car in a mart for sale. She attempted to conceal the stolen phone when she was arrested. As it is now, the whereabouts of other stolen cars remain unknown. She refused to cooperate with the police during preliminary investigation.”

Harrold on January 19, 2017, at about 5:30 p.m., together with the doctor, checked into a popular hotel at Ojodu, Berger, with a plan to spend the night.

After settling down, Harrold went to get a bottle of malt and yoghurt, while the doctor went to take his bath.

Recalling the incident, the doctor, who doesn’t want his name mentioned, said: “I went in to take a bath and when I returned, she had gone to buy some more drinks. I took the malt drink and yoghurt. I slept off at 6:00 p.m. and woke up around 2:00 p.m. When I woke up, my phone and laptop were gone. I didn’t know any of her relatives. We met on a social media dating site, Badoo, about a year ago. I rushed straight to meet with the receptionist and gateman to ask for her whereabouts, that was when I realised my car had been stolen too. They told me someone came to pick the car for her. I reported the incident at Omole Police Station.”

According to the doctor, it was only after Harrold was arrested that he knew she was using a fake name, Aisha Ibrahim.

He added: “She only gave me Aisha Ibrahim as her name with these numbers – 08067188213, 07081240038. Since the incident, I had been trying to call her but to no avail. One of the numbers was switched off, she wasn’t picking the other.”

Gbenga further explained: “I was introduced to her in 2016 by her elder brother, who worked as a clearing and forwarding agent. I was told she needed the assistance of a good driver to take to Warri. I later met her in Ajah where I assisted her to drive a Toyota Camry to Sapele.”

The generator repairer added: “About four months later, she summoned me to GRA Ikeja. She gave me a Honda Accord (End of Discussion) to help her collect fuel from his brother at Wawa, Ogun State. I took the fuel and returned the car. She then told me that she has got another driver to take her. She gave me N5000; I left. The last vehicle is the one that has created crisis for me. She said she hired the cars from Delta whenever she comes to Lagos, and that a driver brought her to Lagos and returned to Delta. I didn’t know she stole those cars.”

It was gathered that Harrold had already informed his brother, Mukoro Okpako of her desire to sell the Volkswagen Passat car, urging him to assist her in perfecting custom papers two days before she was arrested.


No comments: