Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Man steals from company day after promotion

A father of three, who stole 20 bags of cement from where he works just a day after his promotion, with a salary of N215, 000, has been arrested.

The suspect, Abiola Hamzat, 35, a graduate of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), started work at the factory as a contract security from where he rose to become an operator.
When the management discovered he was a graduate, he was promoted and his salary tripled. But just a day after his promotion, Hamzat went to steal 20 bags of cement.
Operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS), Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command, arrested Hamzat and his accomplice, Adebayo Kazeem, 32, for stealing the bags of cement from the brick making company, based in Agbado area of the state.
The suspect was arrested after he had successfully stolen the items from his working place. He was promoted to the post of a supervisor with a financial reward of N215, 000:00 per month. He was arrested on last Thursday along with his accomplice. Hamzat admitted to the crime.
He said: “I masterminded the crime. I only co-opted Adebayo into the plan. Initially, Adebayo discouraged me; he said it was not possible to steal cement at the company. After much pressure, he told me to carry the gateman along in order to be successful, which I eventually yielded to. I had an accommodation problem. I was desperately looking for funds to house my family. That was what pushed me into the crime.”

No comments: