Thursday, February 16, 2017

Suspect imprisoned seven times, re-arrested over phone


An 18-year-old suspected serial thief, Sadeeq Wasiu, who has been imprisoned seven times, has been re-arrested again.
Wasiu aka Omo Eiye, was rearrested at Oshodi on Tuesday by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS), Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command, after several months of being on the operatives’ wanted list.

The suspect was arrested at Oshodi under Bridge while trying to escape after snatching an Infinix Note 3 from an undergraduate.
According to the suspect, he was released from Potoki Prison, Badagry in January, 2017. He further said that he ran away from Ikire, Osun State when he was 15 years old. Before his arrest, Wasiu had been fingered to be the master minder of four phone thefts and two bag snatching attempts in Oshodi.
Wasiu said: “I was 15 years when I came to Lagos to work as a conductor in 2014. My parents are not aware I am in Lagos. My popular name is Eiye. I steal phones from people at Oshodi. We are three in my group; Ahmed alias Oyi, Tombolo and I.  We have stolen more than 45 phones as a group and I have stolen countless number of phones individually. I used to sell the phones at Idi Oro, Mushin. I sell the phones according to their make. I sell some N10, 000 and others N8, 000. I have gone to jail seven times. I sell Indian hemp too. I buy it from Spider in Lagos Island and I resell in small wraps to over 50 of my colleagues in Oshodi. I can buy N4, 000 worth of Indian hemp, break them into small wraps and sell each wrap for N8, 000.”

No comments: