Sunday, February 26, 2017

My mission is to steal from rich, single ladies on Instagram -Ukraine national



*He has robbed over 20 ladies -Police
*Victim: He looked rich, handsome


A Ukraine national, Napoleon Young, 27, who was arrested by detectives attached to Victoria Island Police Station, Lagos, for allegedly tricking and stealing from over 20 ladies, said he was on a revenge mission.

Young was arrested after several months of tracking him. He was trailed to Imo State, his mother’s state. The suspect was caught moments after concluding plans and to relocate to Ghana.
He confessed to have met several of his victims via Instagram. He said that he used to splash pictures on his page, depicting wealth.
He claimed to have embarked on stealing from ladies because a lady stole money meant for him and sister’s education. He said that after the woman disappeared with the money, he was forced to drop out of school.
The detectives, who trailed him to Imo State, were led by the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), a Chief Superintendent of Police, Mr. Olusegun Ajamalaya.
A police source said: “The suspect used to target young and single Nigerian women, who travel to the United Arab Emirates. He also target women seeking husband. Several ladies that he had defrauded and stolen from turned up at our station after his arrest was announced on Instagram. His name on Instagram is hotty-hotty. He would lure his victims to expensive hotels, where he tricked and stole from them.”
Luck ran out on Young after he stole an iPhone 6, gold wristwatch and cash from a lady he met on Instagram.
He confessed to have stolen 15 phones from ladies and jewelry worth over N3million.
Young said: “I was in Senior Secondary School (SS2) when my father, a Ukrainian died. He left some money for my sister and I, but a woman stole the money. She disappeared. I couldn't complete my secondary school education. Since then, I vowed to deal with women. I didn't know how to go about my revenge mission. A friend introduced me to internet fraud. My friend, however, relocated from Nigeria. He left me to the game. I became deeply involved in defrauding ladies. I ensured I used a good phone to edit my pictures. I also lied on Instagram that I’m from a wealthy family.
“I check out ladies’ Instagram photos before picking. I wanted to stop, but my mother became ill and bed ridden in Imo State. I had to take care of her and my younger sister. I enjoyed what I was doing because I felt the women deserved it. I only stole their phones and jewelry to pay for their hotel accommodation. I have been exposed; I pray for forgiveness."
According to investigation, Young fled to Owerri in Imo State after stealing from over 20 women in Lagos.
One of his victims, simply identified as Laura said: “I met him in a plane on my way from Dubai last year. We got talking; he sent me a message on my Instagram page. During our discussion, I informed him that I sell gold and other expensive stuffs. He saw the Rolex wristwatch I wore. He said I should get one for him. I got money and bought the wristwatch. He told me to bring it to him in a hotel at Victoria Island.
“I got there at night. He told me that he wanted to be sure I brought original wristwatch. He told me that he wanted to compare it with my own. I gave him the two wristwatches. He said he wanted to transfer money to me, but he had no airtime. He requested for my iPhone 6. As I was waiting for him, a motorcycle appeared from nowhere. He jumped on the motorbike. As the motorbike was riding off, he pulled my gold necklace from my neck. I was dazed. I couldn't believe I had been robbed. I, however, summoned courage and reported him to the Victoria Island Police Station. All my valuables, which he stole were more than N1 million.”
The second victim, who wished to remain anonymous, said: “I met him on Instagram and we started chatting. We chatted for more than four months before he invited me to Owerri. When I got to the hotel, I noticed he was kind of restless. He told me to leave my handbag and my iPhone 6 to charge, so that he would take me out to eat.
“When we got to the reception, he told me that he forgot his car key in the room. When he came back, he told me to go get down from the car to buy him recharge card. Immediately I stepped down, he drove off. He left me stranded. I went back to the room and discovered he had stolen my iPhone and my money. Every happened within two hours.”
A third victim, who identified herself as Mercy said: “I also met him on Instagram. He looked rich and very handsome. He invited me to meet with him in Lagos. I went to meet at a hotel; after having sex with me, he took me out to eat. He said he liked the gold necklace on my neck. He took it off and wore it. He also took my gold bracelet. He told me he was going to withdraw money from ATM. That was the last time I saw him. He blocked me from contacting him.”
The suspect has since been arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrate Court by police on charges of theft and fraud.

No comments: