Saturday, August 8, 2015

Why I raped my friend’s teenage daughter – UNILAG lecturer

Dr. Akin Baruwa
For nine days, Shola (not real name) was in pain. The abdominal pain she endured felt as if a knife got stuck in her, she told Saturday PUNCH.

She was scared but she had no choice but to endure the pain since she couldn’t imagine telling her parents the unimaginable trauma she had been subjected to that led to the pains she was going through.
“How could I face them? How could I tell them that the man they handed me over to, to help process my admission, had raped me?” Shola said.
But then, much as she tried, she couldn’t continue hiding her ordeal, especially when the pains had become unbearable. Shola’s parents eventually got to know what their daughter had passed through in the quest of trying to become an undergraduate.
ADVERTISEMENT
Eighteen-year-old Shola is one of the numerous hopeful candidates, wishing to secure admission into the University of Lagos. But her score of 211 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination fell short of the requirement for Mass Communication, which was her choice.

Read More  http://www.punchng.com/news/why-i-raped-my-friends-teenage-daughter-unilag-lecturer/

No comments: