Thursday, February 25, 2016

I stole my boss car to attend Valentine Party- suspect



Determined to have a fulfilled Valentine, a driver made duplicate key of his madam’s car and disappeared with the car on February 14, 2016.

The suspect, Emmanuel John, 26, confessed to have made a duplicate of the car key a week before he was arrested.
He further said: “My friend, Oscar and I, wanted to take the Toyota Corolla to celebrate the Val day. I tried to convince madam, Mrs. Flora Ighalo, to give me the permission to make a spare key of the car, but she declined. A week before valentine, I took the key and made a duplicate without her knowledge. I made it at Obalende.
“On that Sunday, she gave me off. I later sneaked into her resident and took away the car. I took it to my residence at Ajuwe, Ajah. I knew that after the show at Splash Hotel, Sangotedo, Ajah, it would be stressful for me to leave around 3: am that was why I took the car. I took the car so that I could get early to work the next day.”
John was arrested by the operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS), Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command.
The suspect was arrested at Abraham Adesanya Estate, Lekki, on the same day he went out with the Toyota Corolla, marked, Epe 642 DX.
Recounting the event of that day, John said: “After driving the car round Ajah, I was on my way home around 8:00 p.m., when I saw madam’s phone call. She said asked where I was. I told her. She said I should come to her house, that she wanted me to drive her somewhere. I turned the car and headed house. It was at the Adesanyan Estate Roundabout, that RRS operatives arrested me.”
Mrs. Flora Ighalo, a tax consultant said that around 8:20 p.m., she was seeing off her in-law, when she suddenly discovered that her car had been removed.
She said: “I immediately called few friends and one of them, got in touch with the operatives of RRS. It never occurred to me that my driver could take the vehicle that he just brought back from the church. The key was with me. I called him to ask him to know his whereabouts. He told me that he was at home. I instructed him to come and pick me to somewhere; He was on his way to my house when he was arrested.”
The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Dolapo Badmus, who confirmed the incident, said the suspect had been transferred to the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS), for further investigation.

No comments: