Thursday, February 11, 2016

‘Why I killed my step-mother’s lover’



Homicide detectives in Cross River State Police Command have arrested a man for killing his step-mother’s lover.

The suspect, King Akpanke 41, was among suspects paraded by the command for various offences.
Akpanke, who said he was remorseful for murdering his step mum’s young lover, explained that he had warned the man severally to stop coming to have sex with his late father’s wife, but the deceased refused to heed. The suspect, who is the third son in the family of his late father, further claimed that he killed the man in self-defense.
According to him, the deceased came to his late father’s compound about 9pm. He challenged the man and the man started hurling insults at him.
He said: “The building belongs to my late father. I was the only person in the house when he came. When I couldn’t take his insults anymore, we started fighting. He picked a stick and wanted to hit me. I ran into the room, came out with a kitchen knife and stabbed him on the head.”
He said it was later he discovered that the man was dead.
He added: “The young man was having constant sexual intercourse with my late father’s wife. I warned him several times to keep off, but he refused. He comes there to have sex with her always.”

No comments: