Thursday, October 29, 2015

How gunmen killed my husband, by widow

A widow, Mrs Mercy Eze, has recounted how gunmen shot and killed her husband, Chief Fidelis Eze, a liquor dealer, at Ukehe in Igboetiti Local Government Area of Enugu State last Wednesday.

Speaking as tears rolled down her cheeks, the woman said two young men disguising as customers came to their shop and ordered for six bottles of drinks. 
Mercy said her husband, suspecting they were strangers in the area, asked them where they came from.
They told him they were in the neighbourhood to have some drinks. She said: “When my husband came back from where he went to make supplies around 8.30pm he asked me to serve him his dinner immediately because he was tired and needed rest.
He was about to lock up the shop so that we can go home when two unknown young men showed up and demanded beer. “My husband inquired to know who they were but they declined and said they just came to buy drinks.
I then asked one of my children to serve them drinks. The two boys took two bottles of beer and later requested for more bottles. At this juncture, my husband left after asking me to lock up the shop while he took two of our children, Ukamaka and Goodluck, home.
Read More  http://newtelegraphonline.com/how-gunmen-killed-my-husband-by-widow/

No comments: