Thursday, October 29, 2015

Tennis star killed in 14-year-old daughter’s presence –Witness

More facts emerged yesterday on the horrible killing of a tennis star player, Beauty McCleod. 
A friend of the deceased, Mrs Betty Quarrett, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone, said the trigger-happy policeman shot McCleod in the presence of her 14-year-old daughter, Angel, who is also a rising tennis player.

Quarrett said the policeman also threatened to kill her for trying to save Mc- Cleod’s life at Emperor Place Hotel, Victoria Island. She said that Angel witnessed the horrifying moment the policeman opened fire on her mother.
Quarret added that Mc- Cleod hurled a stone at the policeman during a heated argument, which hit the man on the forehead. Blinded by rage, the policeman opened fire on the unarmed lady.
According to her, the cop threatened to shoot her when she ran to assist McCleod, who was bleeding profusely from the bullet wound on her leg. She said: “After Beauty was shot by the policeman on the leg, I tried to rush over to her; I wanted to help her to stop the bleeding. I tried to move closer to her, but the policeman, who was still visibly angry, threatened to shoot me if I get closer. I ran to the other side of the road, where I stood and started begging him to allow me to take her to the hospital.
“The policemen later joined me in my car after he finally allowed me to take my friend to the hospital. But to my surprise, before we got to the military hospital, he alighted and told me to take care of her that he was going home to take care of his own wound.”
Read More  http://newtelegraphonline.com/tennis-star-killed-in-14-year-old-daughters-presence-witness/

No comments: