Friday, October 23, 2015

Man kills brother for alleged fowl theft

Police in Ebonyi State have arrested one Paul Unegu of Hausa Quarters at Izzi Unuphu community, Abakaliki Local Government Area for allegedly killing his elder brother, Sunday Unegu.

Paul allegedly killed his elder brother on Thursday in a scuffle. It was learnt that Sunday had been accusing Paul of stealing his fowls and had warned him to desist from such act. The victim’s wife, Ifeoma, told sympathisers that Paul continued to steal her husband’s fowls.
According to her, the deceased confronted Paul in his house, leading to a violent fight between the two. She said: “I told my husband not to go to Paul’s house because I know how he behaves but he did not listen to my advice. Look at what it has resulted to; I am now a widow in this early stage of my life.”
A witness said the victim hit Paul in the chest with a bottle and went back home to bring a machete. He said: “So, when Sunday came back with the machete, Paul confronted him and the two of them started struggling with the machete.
Read More  http://newtelegraphonline.com/man-kills-brother-for-alleged-fowl-theft/

No comments: