Wednesday, October 28, 2015

I had premonition my daughter would die –Father

The family of 21-year-old Temitope Lamina, a corps member serving in Sokoto State, has been plunged into mourning following her death in a motor accident at Zamfara State axis of the Kaduna-Sokoto Expressway. 

 The vibrant young lady was said to have left her place of primary assignment after she received news that her mother, who went to Saudi Arabia for this year’s hajj, had returned home.
She rushed home, saw her mum and was returning to her duty post on Sunday when she died.
 Tope’s corpse was expected to arrive Lagos from Sokoto on Tuesday night and would be buried immediately according to Islamic rites. 
The girl’s home at Ijoko Ota, Ogun State, was crowded with sympathisers.
Many were wailing, while others wept silently. But her bereaved mother, Mrs. Morikat Lamina, wept uncontrollably. She refused to be comforted. The girl’s father, Mr Lateef Lamina, an employee of New Telegraph, tried valiantly to be a man by not crying, but he soon bowed to tears. Lamina said:
“I still vividly recalled the last time I saw her. She was returning to her post in Sokoto. I took her to Iddo Park last Sunday. I remembered looking at the Sienna car she boarded. For reasons I couldn’t fathom, I felt uneasy. I asked one of the conductors at the park if he was sure the Sienna car wouldn’t have an accident on the way.
Read More  http://newtelegraphonline.com/i-had-premonition-my-daughter-would-die-father/

No comments: