Thursday, December 24, 2015

Biafra: I prefer to remain in detention – Kanu

http://newtelegraphonline.com/biafra-prefer-remain-detention-kanu/

  • Judge hands off trial


The embattled leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mr. Nnamdi Kanu, yesterday declared that he preferred being held in the detention than subjecting himself to a trial. 


He noted that the outcomes of previous trials had been abused or neglected by the Department of State Services (DSS). Kanu spoke during hearing of a fresh sixcount charge against him at the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja. 

Kanu said: “I will not have a fair trial in this very court because information available to me indicates that I will not receive fair trial before this very judge. I will not, for any reasons, sacrifice the due process of law founded on the principle of natural justice on the altar of my speedy release from detention. In other words, I will rather remain in the detention than subject myself to a trial that I know amounts to pervasion of justice. After all, previous orders have been made in my favour by courts of competent jurisdiction that my accuser, the DSS, failed to carry out.”

No comments: