Thursday, December 24, 2015

I was raped ten times a day': Harrowing story of girl who was sold to a brothel at 10, gave birth at 13, then tortured when she tried to kill herself

Strength: Alicia was forced to have sex with men at her aunt's bar when she was eight years old. When she was 10 she was sold by her parents for £600 to become a sex slave at a brothel in Juchitán, Mexico

During the very darkest moments of her ‘true hell’ as a sex slave, Alicia, a 20-year-old Mexican, was punished severely for attempting to take her own life.

Forced into Mexico’s dark world of human trafficking at just 10, when her impoverished parents sold her for £600, the innocent girl failed on three separate occasions to cut her wrists with a table knife deeply enough to put an end to her misery.
Speaking exclusively to MailOnline, Alicia, who bravely waived her right to anonymity, said of her ordeal: ‘When they found me trying to die, they beat me, starved me and forced me to lie in a bathtub filled with cold water for five days.'
‘They said that if I ever misbehaved again then they would kill my entire family.’

No comments: