Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Why I joined in robbing bank, Bureau De Change-Suspect

 
A man who was arrested for alleged armed robbery has revealed his reasons for partaking in robbing a bank and Bureau De Change.


The suspect, Sunday Ajewole, 32, a fuel and Kerosene supplier, said he decided to join a gang of robbers in attacking a bank and Bureau De Change at the Ayobo area of Lagos State because his business was nose-diving.


The suspect was arrested by a team of policemen attached to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command, led by the Officer in Charge (OC), Mr. Abba Kyari.

Ajewole’s Waterloo started after an arrested robbery suspect, fingered him.

The suspect who fingered Ajewole, was arrested along with two others in a hotel located in Gowon Estate, Egbeda Lagos based on a tip-off.


The police said that three vehicles were recovered from the gang in its hideout.

After the arrest of the three members, they confessed that Ajewole had gone on two operations with them. They also alleged that he is their armorer.
 He was subsequently arrested at a hideout in Ishefun, Ayobo area.

The police said: “The gang has three locally-made guns, but one was recovered by the police. The gun was recovered with one live and one expended cartridge. The gang robbed a bank and Bureau de Change in Ayobo area before they were arrested.”

Ajewole, a father of three kids said he had been working as a fuel and kerosene supplier for 10 years, adding that it was through the business he built a house and bought a car. But suddenly, the business was no longer doing well. 

Ajewole who also confessed to being a cult member, of the Eiye confraternity, said he is the third in the chain of command in the cult group.

He said: “I have been doing the supply work for about 10 years. It was one of my friends, Omolaja, who brought the guns to me. He said we should use it for land negotiators’ work. I am the third in command in the cult.
“I kept the gun in an uncompleted building beside my house. We are 15 members in the cult group. I joined the cult about four years ago. My wife does not know I am a cultist. I went into the gang because my job was no longer doing well. It was my friend, Tunde, who initiated me into the cult group.  Yes, I had a car, but I sold it two years ago. It was a Golf Car. I used the money I realised from our operations to open a shop for my wife.”

No comments: