Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Why I posed as Tinubu, by suspect

An upcoming musician, Lucky Adaeze, has disclosed why he decided to impersonate the former governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu. 

Adaeze was arrested along with another impostor, Collins Obinna, who allegedly defrauded unsuspecting Nigerians via Facebook, posing as the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni.
One John Ogunowo was also arrested for allowing Adaeze to use his account to receive fraud money from victims. Adaeze said he posed as Tinubu on Facebook because he wanted more people to listen to his music. He said: “I opened the Facebook, using the picture and name of Bola Tinubu, to get more fans to listen to my music on the social media.
My stage name is Dusk to Dawn. “Yes, I chatted with a lady, but I never had any intention to defraud her. I asked her for money. When the woman wanted to pay the money into my account, I informed my friend. I begged him to allow the money to be paid into his account because I still had problem with my Bank Verification Number (BVN). We were at the bank to withdraw the N100,000 when police arrested us.”
Adaeze had reportedly lied to the woman that he was running a foundation to help the less privileged in the society and listed numerous advantages that would be accrued to donors. According to the police, Obinna is an ND 1 student of Mechanical Engineering, Oko Polytechnic, Anambra State. The three suspects were paraded yesterday at the state police command headquarters.
Read More  http://newtelegraphonline.com/why-i-posed-as-tinubu-by-suspect/

No comments: