Monday, September 28, 2015

LAWMA official arrested for stealing street light cable

An official of the Lagos State Waste Management Authority (LAWMA) has been arrested for stealing street light cable along the Opebi, Ikeja, area of Lagos State. 

The suspect, Ibrahim Alli, was arrested by the operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of Lagos State Police Command at about 12noon on September 25, 2015.
The suspect, who claimed to be a staff of LAWMA, was caught by the RRS patrol team, led by Supol Aroge. Alli was caught right in the act of removing street cable.
The supposed leader of Alli, identified as Yunusa, escaped from the scene immediately he sighted the policemen.
 The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Joe Offor, who confirmed the arrest said: “The policemen were on routine patrol in the area and sighted the two men. They were in the act of vandalizing street light cables. This used to leave the community in darkness.”
Alli, confessed:  “Yes, we used to stealing the power cable. I work with LAWMA at Onipanu, but I was not satisfied with my salary.  My friend, Yunusa, introduced me to armed robbery. It was Yunusa, who used to sell the cable. I don’t know the receiver. I only assisted him in vandalizing the cables. He used to give me only N1, 000 or N1, 500 after any sales.”
Items recovered from the suspect include, vandalized electrical cable, shovel, LAWMA Identity card and awristwatch.
The Offor, however said, the suspect had been charged to court immediately.

No comments: